Since starting this blog and taking pics with my phone (and running out of cloud storage) or my DSLR at home, I decided it was time to invest into a new camera. After much research I landed on Sony’s RX100 Mark5.
Here are the pros and cons that’s helped me decide on this camera:
1. Small Size: Biggest selling point for me was it’s small size factor. I can easily fit it into my purse. I wanted to always take the camera with me wherever I went and not have it be a heavy and large burden.
2. 4K videos: I also wanted to be able to create videos in 4K quality.
3. Image quality: the images are amazing!
4. Lens: F1.8 Aperture for shallow depth of field. I love having a bokeh effect on my pics and I can do this with this camera.
5. Incredible Speed: I can take 24 frames per second, no more blurry pictures.
6. WiFi enabled: I can download images to my phone via wi-fi if I want to post something quickly.
7. Screen: the screen on the back of the camera can move around for easier access to view overhead shots or all the way over for selfies. In selfie mode, it even automatically engages a 3 second countdown.
8. Finder: this camera has an old school view finder which is very helpful when taking photos in high glare settings. It came be opened via a push of a button, or tucked away when not in use.
1. 4K video: I can only record 5 mins worth. For blogs this is fine, since we usually record in snippets and merge them, but if I wanted to do something longer I would have to use my DSLR.
2. Lens: I can zoom on this camera but I can never changes lenses. Again, doesn’t impact the type of photos I normally take, but if I went to an event where I am far from my subject this would not be the right camera.
3. Screen is not touchscreen: I kept catching myself touching the screen, it’s a definitely something I will have to get used to.
Here are some pics I took: